A delegation from the CARICOM Regional Organisation for Standards and Quality (CROSQ) paid an official visit to the SVGBS during the period February 27th – March 01st 2023. The delegation was headed by Mr. Deryck Omar, Chief Executive Officer and included Mr. Mohan Nandwani, Manager of Finance and Ms. Latoya Burnham, Technical Officer, Quality Promotions.
The main purpose of the visit was to reaffirm CROSQ’s commitment to the operations of the SVGBS as well as to explore areas for further development and collaboration relative to the establishment of the Regional and National Quality Infrastructure. The CROSQ delegation and the SVGBS officials also discussed plans for the hosting of the CROSQ’s General Assembly and Council Meeting in SVG in October 2024.
The CROSQ’s delegation held meetings with:
· The SVGBS Executive Director, Mr. Ezra D. Ledger, and Mrs. Jennifer Douglas-Bullock Head of SVGBS Standardisation Services.
· The Chairperson, Dr. Jean Saville Cummings and members of National Standards Council and the Hon. Minister, Saboto Ceasar
· Mrs. Sandy Peters-Phillips, Permanent Secretary, and Mrs. Okolo John-Patrick Director of Trade in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Trade;
· Mrs. Nerissa Gittens, Permanent Secretary and Mrs. Debbie Daniels-Williams, Agriculture Planning Officer, in the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries, etc.
· The CROSQ delegation also paid a courtesy call to Mr. Ken Morris, Budget Director, in the Ministry of Finance and Planning.
On March 01st 2023, the CROSQ delegation visits the SVGBS campus at Campden Park and met with the SVGBS staff and concluded discussions with the SVGBS’s management areas for increased collaboration.
About the CROSQ:
The CROSQ is a regional inter-governmental organization established in February 2002 to facilitate the development of regional standards, promote the harmonization of metrology systems and support the sustainable production and trade of goods and services in the CARICOM Single Market and Economy (CSME).
Headquartered in Barbados, CROSQ is the regional centre for promoting efficiency and competitive production in goods and services, through the process of standardization and the verification of quality. In this regard, CROSQ aims to support international competitiveness for the enhancement of social and economic development of the region.